Russel River Rafting Info
We are excited to offer full day packrafting tours from Cairns every Tueday, Sunday & Friday. This is a great way to experience pristine rainforest, crystal clear rivers and breathtaking scenery.
What is packrafting?
Packrafting uses an individual-size inflatable raft designed to fit in your backpack so you access remote rafting destinations.
- Return transfers from Cairns and Port Douglas
- 3 Hours White Water Rafting (up to grade 4 rapids)
- Spectacular Rainforest Walk
- All Tuition and safety equipment
- Professional and Certified River Guides
- Snacks and Lunch
- Time for a Swim
Shoe Hire ($5)
Warm Long Sleeve Dry Top ($5)
The Russel River Rafting Experience
You will be picked-up from you Cairns accommodation around 8am for an hours journey south to the Russel River.
Hike through breathtaking rainforest and wade through crystal clear creeks following an ancient aboriginal fishing trail to the river.
This 1hr hike is immersive and a fully guided, upon arrival you will find spectacular grade 3-4 rafting waiting to be tackled.
The 1 man pack rafts are light and rugged, they are deflated and carried in to the start of the river along with your lunch and an inflation bag (total weight 4.5 kgs).
Follow a single file track through the lush rainforest of Wooroonooran National Park to get to the crystal clear waters of the Russell River 3 hours of exhilarating white water rafting, lunch on the river bank and ample opportunities to swim are just some of the highlights.
On the river, Pack Rafts are group guided. Skilled guides show you how best to negotiate the rapids while maintaining a very safe environment in which you can enjoy the thrills and sometimes spills.
- 0730 - 0830 Pick up from accommodation, transfer to our depot and collect hire shoes before departing Cairns.
- 0845 - 0945 Sit back and admire the views on the scenic drive south passing cane fields and rainforest streams.
- 0945 - 1000 Arrive at the Golden Hole recreation area, comfort stop and change into rafting gear.
- 1000 - 1100 Embark on a one hour trek through the rainforest learning about the local Indigenous culture and surrounding flora and fauna before arriving at the crystal clear waters of the Russell River.
- 1100 ? 1130 Follow the simple procedure of inflating your pack raft and get fitted with your helmet & life jacket.
- 1130 - 1445 Receive a comprehensive safety briefing and paddling instructions while getting a feel for your easily manoeuvrable craft, then under the close supervision of our highly trained guides you?re ready to go! Enjoy up to 3 hours of white-water action on continuous rapids ranging in grade from 1 to 4, although you?ll have the chance to take a break in between and admire the stunning scenery while you enjoy a tasty picnic lunch.
- 1445 - 1530 Arrive at the take-out point and change into dry clothes.
- 1530 - 1630 Enjoy a well-earned rest on the one hour drive back to Cairns before being dropped off at your accommodation.
Cairns: Pick up at approx 8am | Return 4.30-5.30pm
The Russel River Rafting tour is suitable for rafters of all experience levels, from beginner to advanced.
A reasonable (medium) level of fitness is required for this tour, as is a comprehensive understanding of English.
Minimum age to participate is 13 years
RnR may vary the type of craft used to suit the prevailing conditions. When 4 Person Rafts are used, actual on water time may vary. Rapid Grade at this level is grade 3-4.
All participants will be required to sign a liability release form prior to the trip commencing.
Prepare for your Rafting Trip
- Wear swimming costume under your clothes
- You must wear shoes - reef sandals, sneakers or anything with an ankle strap is suitable.
- Bring a towel and a spare change of clothes
- Leave all of your jewellery at your accommodation
- Hire shoes are available for hire at $5/pair if you do not wish to get your own shoes wet
Russel River Rafting Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2030
|Russel River Rafting||Adult||Children||Family||Enquire|
|Russel River Rafting + Cairns Transfers||$200
|Russel River Rafting + Northern Beaches Transfers||$210
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 19 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.